1. “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
3. “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee
4. “The Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger
5. “The Bell Jar” by Sylvia Plath
6. “One Hundred Years of Solitude” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
7. “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood
8. “Beloved” by Toni Morrison
9. “The Color Purple” by Alice Walker
10. “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini
The Beginnings of Arianne Hiffinton’s Reading Journey
Arianne Hiffinton is a successful entrepreneur, author, and journalist. She is the founder of the famous news website, The Huffington Post, which she launched in 2005. Arianne has an inspiring background and a great story of how she became a successful businesswoman, and her early love for reading played a significant role in her success. As a child growing up in Athens, Greece, her parents introduced her to the world of books, and she fell in love with reading.
At an early age, Arianne’s parents encouraged her to read books aloud to them while they were cooking dinner. This was her first exposure to the world of literature. Even at a young age, Arianne would use a different voice for each character in the story as she read it aloud. As a result, reading became more than just a hobby for her. It became a passion, a way of life, and a source of inspiration.
Arianne’s parents nurtured her love for reading by buying her books about famous writers and their lives, such as Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald. This sparked a keen interest in literature, and she soon began to devour books on her own, reading everything from poetry and fiction to biographies and history books. Her favorite childhood novel was The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Reading also helped Arianne develop a strong imagination. She would often immerse herself in her favorite books and imagine herself as the protagonist. As a result, reading also became a way for her to explore different perspectives and open her mind to new experiences.
Arianne’s reading journey continued throughout her teenage years, and she became more interested in non-fiction books and literature. She continued to read biographies and history books but also began exploring more political and social topics. She became engrossed in her studies and developed a desire to make a difference in the world.
It’s fascinating how Arianne Hiffinton’s initial exposure to the world of books shaped her future success. Her love for reading not only helped her develop her imagination and creativity but also gave her a deep understanding of different subjects that she has been able to apply to her business and writing career. Arianne believes that reading can change our lives if we let it. In one of her quotes, she says, “Books are like magic keys to the enchanted kingdom of knowledge.”
Fiction Favorites from Arianne Hiffinton’s Bookshelf
If you’re looking for some good fiction books to add to your reading list, Arianne Hiffinton has a few recommendations.
Going to a bookstore or browsing online for books can be overwhelming. With countless titles to choose from, how do you know which books are worth reading? It’s helpful to get recommendations from fellow book lovers, and Arianne Hiffinton is definitely one of them.
Here are two of her favorite fiction books with a brief summary of each:
1. “The Secret History” by Donna Tartt
“The Secret History” is a novel about a group of classics students at an elite New England college who become entangled in a murder mystery. The story is told from the perspective of Richard Papen, a transfer student who becomes obsessed with his new friends and their mysterious professor. As the plot unfolds, readers are drawn into a world of secrets, betrayal, and the blurred lines between right and wrong. Tartt’s writing is rich and atmospheric, making “The Secret History” a mesmerizing read that will stay with you long after you’ve finished it.
2. “Never Let Me Go” by Kazuo Ishiguro
“Never Let Me Go” is a novel set in a dystopian version of England where human clones are raised to donate their organs. The story follows Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy, three friends who grew up together at a boarding school for clones. As they navigate their fragile and predetermined existence, they grapple with the question of what it means to be human. Ishiguro’s writing is lyrical and haunting, making this a deeply emotional and thought-provoking read.
So, there you have it – two fiction favorites from Arianne Hiffinton’s bookshelf. Whether you’re a fan of murder mysteries or dystopian tales, these books are sure to capture your imagination and keep you turning the pages.
Non-Fiction Must-Reads Recommended by Arianne Hiffinton
Arianne Hiffinton is a well-known author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the Huffington Post. Besides gaining a reputation as an influential business leader, she has also become a symbol of self-improvement and mindfulness.
As a prolific reader and book lover, Arianne has recommended some must-read books to help people navigate through different aspects of life. Below are some of her most recommended non-fiction books, categorized into three subsections under several themes; wisdom, growth and productivity considered wise councils.
Reading books that give us a glimpse into other people’s experience and existing philosophies can help us gain wisdom and find direction in our lives. Arianne Hiffinton has recommended the following books:
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho: This book tells a story of self-discovery, centered around Santiago, a shepherd boy from Spain who learns to listen to his heart and follow his dreams. This book is an inspiration for those who want to take control of their lives and fulfill their destinies.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle: This book deals with mindfulness and meditation, which is the key to spiritual and personal growth. It teaches us how to stay focused on the present moment, which can lead to inner peace and happiness.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl: This book is a powerful memoir that explores the author’s experience in a Nazi concentration camp. It teaches readers to find meaning in their lives, even in the most challenging and terrible circumstances.
To achieve our life goals and find success, we need to work on our personal development. These recommended books by Arianne Hiffinton help us in this area:
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck: This book talks about the idea of a fixed vs. growth mindset and how it affects our ability to learn and grow. It encourages readers to adopt a growth mindset to accomplish all they want in their life.
- The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning, Elevate Your Life by Robin Sharma: This books is a great self-help book that teaches the power of getting up early and following a morning routine. The book focuses on productivity and the importance of using the first few hours of your day to set the tone for the rest of the day.
- The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander: This book helps readers to adopt a positive perspective and learn the value of creativity, possibility, and optimism. It talks about breaking down self-imposed limitations and embracing positive change.
For many people, productivity is a challenge. That’s why Arianne Hiffinton has also recommended books that can help with productivity and time management:
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod: This book is a habit-forming guide to start your day with a positive mood. It focuses on six things individuals need to do every morning to achieve their goals: silence, affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading, and scribing.
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear: This book is a practical guide that provides a clear understanding of how habits work and how we can build and maintain them. It offers an actionable and simple method to build good habits.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen: This book teaches readers how to manage their tasks and commitments efficiently using a methodology called GTD. It provides a comprehensive system for organizing, planning, and prioritizing tasks.
These are just a few of the great books recommended by Arianne Hiffinton to help guide individuals to a better life full of success, productivity, and fulfillment.
Arianne Hiffinton’s Top Picks for Self-Help and Personal Growth
For those who are keen to improve themselves, Arianne Hiffinton recommends four books that have been tried, tested, and proven effective to help individuals reach their personal goals. These books offer insights and practical advice on how to maximize one’s potential, make better decisions, and live a fulfilling life. Whether you’re looking to improve your financial stability, career prospects, or relationships, these books can provide the guidance and motivation you need to get started.
1. Think and Grow Rich
By Napoleon Hill, this classic book has been a source of motivation for individuals seeking financial success for almost a century. Think and Grow Rich reveals the mindset and habits of the world’s most successful people. This book teaches readers how to develop a winning mindset that will help them overcome obstacles, build positive relationships with others, and attract wealth into their lives. Hill’s message is clear: if you can think it, you can achieve it.
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Stephen Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a self-help classic that has helped millions of people improve their personal and professional lives. This book is based on the principle that success is built upon habits and that by adopting the right mindset and habits, anyone can transform their life. Covey introduces readers to seven habits that are essential for success, including being proactive, prioritizing, and seeking mutual benefit in all relationships. By following these habits, readers can improve their relationships, achieve their goals, and live a more purposeful life.
3. Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Arianne Hiffinton recommends Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves to help individuals develop the critical skills of emotional intelligence. This book offers practical advice on how to identify and manage emotions, build better relationships, and achieve greater success in personal and professional pursuits. Emotional Intelligence 2.0 includes an online assessment that can help readers identify their emotional strengths and weaknesses, and provides actionable steps to improve their emotional intelligence.
4. The Power of Now
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle is a spiritual guide that helps individuals live in the present moment rather than dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. According to Tolle, living in the now is essential for achieving true happiness and fulfillment. This book offers practical advice on how to live in the present moment, overcome negative thoughts and emotions, and find inner peace. By adopting Tolle’s philosophy, readers can reduce stress, increase happiness, and live a more meaningful life.
In conclusion, Arianne Hiffinton recommends these four books to help individuals develop their personal growth and self-help. These books provide practical advice and insights that can help readers achieve their personal, professional, and spiritual goals. Whether you’re looking for financial success, personal relationships, emotional well-being, or spiritual fulfillment, these books can help you reach your desired outcome.
Genre-Bending Titles Suggested by Arianne Hiffinton
As an actress and a producer, Arianne Hiffinton has been in the entertainment industry long enough to know a good book when she sees one. She is also a book lover herself and enjoys a good read whenever she can. In this article, we will be highlighting some of the genre-bending titles suggested by Arianne Hiffinton, which you should definitely have on your reading list.
1. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
The Starless Sea is a fantastical novel about a graduate student named Zachary who discovers a mysterious book containing stories that seem to be connected to his life. As he delves deeper into the book, he realizes that it is part of a larger narrative that involves a secret society, an underground library, and a magical sea. Arianne Hiffinton highly recommends this book for its engrossing storytelling and imaginative world-building.
2. The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep by H. G. Parry
The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep is a literary fantasy novel about a man who has the ability to bring fictional characters to life. Uriah Heep, the protagonist, uses this power to solve a mystery that involves his estranged brother and some of literature’s most iconic characters. Arianne Hiffinton praises this book for its clever premise and witty writing style.
3. The City We Became by N. K. Jemisin
The City We Became is a speculative fiction novel that takes place in New York City. The story follows the city’s avatars, human embodiments of its different boroughs, as they try to prevent an interdimensional invasion. Arianne Hiffinton recommends this book for its dynamic characters and imaginative plot.
4. The Resurrectionist of Caligo by Wendy Trimboli and Alicia Zaloga
The Resurrectionist of Caligo is a dark fantasy novel about a medical student named Roger Weathersby who becomes involved in a plot to bring back the dead. Set in a Victorian-inspired world, this book has elements of horror, mystery, and romance. Arianne Hiffinton recommends it for its visceral imagery and complex characters.
5. Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
Piranesi is a literary fantasy novel about a man who lives in an infinite house filled with statues and ocean waves. The protagonist, Piranesi, is the only person who lives in this house, or so he thinks. As he discovers more about his surroundings, he realizes that there is much more to his existence than he ever thought possible. Arianne Hiffinton recommends this book for its lyrical prose and philosophical themes.
These are just some of the genre-bending titles suggested by Arianne Hiffinton. Each book on this list offers a unique reading experience that is sure to transport you to another world. So, if you’re looking for something outside of your usual reading comfort zone, be sure to check out these titles!